We are a boutique management consulting firm in Vancouver, BC, serving small- and medium-sized businesses. Reach out to us for help if you are experiencing:
We have one objective – to solve your business problems so you can continue doing what you love!
Our approach is to start our projects by identifying and gaining a deep understanding of the issues and pain points faced by our client business. Deep and detailed analysis of the data and information then combines with our business knowledge and experience to develop a customized deliverable that addresses the identified pain points.
Our deliverables include a set of recommendations to be implemented in the business or one or more specific solutions. We can also help with the implementation of our recommendations if needed. The solutions that we develop can include:
- Business intelligence (BI) dashboards with KPIs
- Business cases that assess the feasibility and merits of an initiative
- Presentation decks
- Financial models with the ability to slice and dice the results and test different scenarios
Our objective is to deliver a project that solves a real business problem and has lasting effects. While we provide support after the completion of a project, we strive to deliver projects that require no or minimal ongoing support from us. This is because we believe we have only been successful if our work leaves a sustainable and lasting positive impact on our client.
Our tools enhance the value of our deliverables. Our projects incorporate data and technology where applicable so that every deliverable is based on data and facts. We use business management tools such as financial models, business intelligence (BI) technology, and robotic process automation (RPA) to streamline and enhance your projects and business operations, where possible.
Our clients seek our services due to the objective expert analysis and recommendations that are not available to them internally due to a lack of expertise or resources, or the unbiased attitude and perspective that we as outside experts can provide.
Although our methodologies and expertise are applicable to a wide range of businesses in various industries, we have accumulated many years of direct experience in two Focus Industries that can be put to work for our clients.
In addition to internally using our suite of Services in our analyses for every client project, we also offer these services on a stand-alone basis for clients who have identified and require a particular service to address their need.
We are business owners ourselves and are intimately familiar with the challenges, pains, and fears of running a business. We came together to start this practice out of our desire and interest to solve business challenges and to help the business community prosper. By doing so, we also gain immense professional satisfaction in the process ourselves. Business is our passion, and we are dedicated to making a meaningful positive impact on the organizations with which we work.
We are results-driven and work with businesses until they achieve their desired outcomes - that is our promise to our clients. We are guided by our core value pillars of integrity, empathy, and curiosity – these form the basis of all our interactions with clients.
- Provide advice and add value even before a client commits to a project.
- Offer a transparent, reliable, and predictable consulting process.
- Offer financial, operational, analytics, and strategic solutions, enabled by technology.
- Offer creative solutions, based on cutting edge knowledge and approach.
- Take a long-term approach to our client engagements – we are invested in our clients’ success.
Contact us for a complimentary consultation to assess your project’s scope and cost.
We proudly support and donate to the following causes:
Our two principals, Mahmoud and Arash, met at UBC while working on their MBA degrees a decade ago and have been friends and colleagues since. Through studying and working together, Mahmoud and Arash discovered they are bound by common values. They also learned they both have a professional interest in sharing their knowledge and experience with other business owners and contributing to the success of their businesses. Given their shared values and professional interests they decided to form a business partnership with the objective of helping the small- and medium-sized business community by providing business consulting services in the areas of finance, operations, data and analytics, and strategy.
In addition to our two principals who manage and supervise every client project, we also have a team of subject matter experts who join us on projects as needed to add the necessary specific skills required in a particular consulting project. Our subject matter experts specialize in finance, operations, marketing, human resources, and data analytics and business intelligence. With such an approach and such expert resources at their disposal our clients can rest assured that we have the right team to tackle their project and deliver their desired results.
Examples of Past Experiences (1 of 4)
- Shaping high performing teams and creating functional departments by sourcing talent, making optimal structure decisions, creating succession plans, establishing formal onboarding and training programs, and ongoing performance management.
- Leadership and execution of large-scale initiatives such as consolidation of brands, scaled closure of retail locations, new retail location opening, and launch of new product and service offerings.
- Setup of corporate data & analytics and business intelligence agile development teams.
- Commercial real estate decisions such as new store openings, closures, and renewals.
Examples of Past Experiences (2 of 4)
- Supply chain and ecommerce delivery network optimization.
- Setup of a brand new FP&A department at a large publicly traded organization, following close consultation with key stakeholders. Established a formal monthly business review process.
- Establishing formal business case process (Sarbanes-Oxley compliant), ensuring project investments are evaluated objectively, and that key decision criteria are considered.
- Developing performance management and KPI frameworks “from scratch” to align with new economic and operating models as a result of post-acquisition changes.
Examples of Past Experiences (3 of 4)
- Leading the annual planning and budget process at several organizations, managing all key aspects – assumptions gathering, scenario modelling, packaging of outcomes/results, and securing Board of Directors approval.
- Finance leadership of large-scale business improvement projects (with combined NPV > $70M) requiring inter-disciplinary stakeholder management from initial evaluation to post-implementation assessment.
- Industry assessment and setup of new CPG businesses to address market opportunity with a unique value proposition.
- Utilizing consumer behaviour insights to build marketing strategy and tactics for consumer goods.
Examples of Past Experiences (4 of 4)
- Creation of new brands and product categories, and developing applicable marketing campaigns.
- Raising funds for the creation of a new business and operating on a strictly managed budget.
- Setup and retooling of a turn-key CPG manufacturing facility by sourcing the required space, hiring key engineering personnel, acquiring compatible equipment, securing supplier and co-packing agreements, and designing and optimizing production processes.
- Conducting the required due diligence, credit assessment, and negotiation of terms as part of onboarding new B2B customers and suppliers.