Business Intelligence (BI) Demo
Welcome to our BI demo dashboard! If you are a small- or medium-sized business owner and are wondering ...
- What is Business Intelligence (BI) and how can it help my business?
- How can I measure and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for my business?
- What does a dashboard look like?
... you have come to the right place.
BI technologies provide powerful performance measurement and management capabilities which reveal the state of the business using KPIs. In turn, management is equipped to make informed and insightful decisions to achieve optimum performance. We created this interactive demo using Power BI (a leading BI tool) to address the above questions by allowing you to experience what a BI dashboard looks and feels like (vs. reading an article).
Some housekeeping items before you experience the dashboard:
- The underlying data behind this dashboard is from a Brazilian ecommerce marketplace
- What is a marketplace? A website that allows various sellers to list and sell their products to customers. Examples of well-known marketplaces are Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and Alibaba.com
- Make sure you interact with the dashboard by clicking on the various chart elements and changing the filters (to select multiple filter items, hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard)
- Don't forget to navigate to the "Logistics" page to view insightful KPIs on parcel delivery performance (click on "1 of 2" to see the list of pages)
Here are the key pieces of data that were used for creating this dashboard:
- Orders: for each sale transaction
- Order items: the specific product items that were sold within each transaction
- Customers: list of customers tying to the orders
- Sellers: list of sellers tying to the orders
- Products: list of product ids tying to the higher-level product categories
The BI tool used to produce this dashboard is Microsoft Power BI, which is a very capable and affordable tool. Microsoft is currently the leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence Platforms. A couple of other popular BI platforms are Qlik and Tableau.
List of abbreviated terms used in the dashboard:
- CY: Current Year
- PY: Prior Year
- ASP: Average Selling Price